Thursday 23 February 2012

In Third Place - Great Heck Heck's Angel

Was at a Battle of the Brewers in Cask last night, the breweries were Raw, Great Heck and Springhead, chaps from the brewery popped round also. They had 2 beers each, I had them all and this post is the beer I felt came 3rd .

Looking on a few beer websites, this beer doesn't have good reviews, I disagree with every point (apart from the smell!). I may disagree because apparently they now use Cascade hops. Anyway, it is very pale with a nice fluffy head. Major citrus and fruit smell, lovely just how you want a summer beer to be (still alright on a dreary Febuary night in Doncaster). The flavour is very pleasant fruity hint sand hoppy flavour and a rather robust bitterness that I like but maybe not to everyones liking. Great session beer.

I shall post 2nd and 1st soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment